Monday, February 18, 2013

Week 3 - 2/18/2013

Kamusta Pamilya!

So, I got your package on Saturday and because everything was so staggered cause the mail and stuff, I had a very happy birthday week! Monday, Kevin-the nicest human on earth, sent me cookies then My district gave me a card and a box full of delicious Australian chocolates and sang to me multiple time, then I got ANOTHER birthday package from Kevin-the nicest human on earth and it was basically a birthday party in a box! It was supposed to get there on my birthday, but I couldn't get out of class to get it so I got it the next morning but there was an already baked cake, funfetti frosting, plates, napkins, silverwear, chocolate, candles, matches and soda, like I said, party in a box. And so I partied the next day too! Then the next day I got a package of cinnamon rolls from Mark! Thanks Markie, I loved them. Although it was a little weird reading the card from you written in VERY girly handwriting. And the next day, the birthday cards continued and the next was my package. So this was a pretty great week and it went by sooooo fast! Can you believe my half-way mark is almost here???? I can't. It's pretty exciting but kinda scary cause I know I still have SO much to learn. 

I don't remember if I've already told you about Elder Metusela or not but he is AN AMAZING singer and we love singing all the time. Right now, he's teaching us a really cool arrangement for "Love at Home" that he basically made up on the spot and we are singing it in sacrament meeting in a few weeks. We basically sing all the time and I love it. I also played the piano for my first ever sacrament meeting! WHAT??? I was SO terrified, especially cause I could only practice like 10 minutes a day and I'm a good piano player only when no one sings along cause I get too nervous, but it actually wasn't too bad. I survived and I prayed a ton and I am definitely getting better. Also, last week I said we were going to teach our investigators with no notes and we did it! And it was great, it's amazing how much I can actually understand. Talking takes more time but we are definitely progressing. I think it taught us to use the scriptures more to teach the lesson which definitely brought the spirit so it was good. On Friday, basically my entire district was sick, well one person from each companionship except ours (that's 5 people!) so it was definitely a weird day/week. Sister Kramer was sick for a few days so I stayed home with her one of the days and actually loved it because I got to focus and study for hours on end and it taught me a great lesson that when I'm in the Philippines and accountable to no one, but myself and maybe my companion, I will be able to be obedient and do my best and it's a great feeling. 

I feel like my emails are really short, but I really don't have much else to say! It's the same thing basically everyday but everyday is filled with laughter, love, and learning so it basically couldn't get any better.  I feel so blessed to have such wonderful family and friends from home and I make new amazing friends here everyday that make me want to try everyday to try a little harder to be a little better. Nahigugma ko sa inyo! 

Gugma, 

Sister Pike



Sometimes, we get bored and decide to throw  elders in the air...





Sister Gaono painted my nails for my birthday!




and my companion LOVED my banana message and thought it was the coolest thing.


never fall asleep....


Birthday Celebrations with Cake




No comments:

Post a Comment