Sunday, June 9, 2013

Week 19 - 6/9/2013

So... no one emailed me! (from the family) Fail. Luckily I got some pictures from other missionaries serving around the world. So, so much has changed this past week I can't even believe it. Number 1, Sister Somera got transferred all the way to... Catarman 1st ward. That's right, we are in the same apartment hahaha I loved telling everyone in ward that, they just laugh and it's soooo weird that we still live together but aren't companions. And my new companion.... Branch Missionary!! AKA she is from Bobon(in the same stake) and she will just be serving for this 6 weeks in preparation for her mission in Canada in August. Really, it could not have worked any more perfectly. I get to learn from a native Waray-waray speaker (which is basically impossible because this is the only mission that speaks it) and I get to train her how to be a missionary and teach her English for her mission! It's so great! Not to mention, she was a very active ward missionary in her ward so she basically knows everything anyway. So I guess I am training in a way, but this is awesome preparation because I can train without having to worry about the language and understanding everyone. Oh, Her name is Sister Cornillez and she is not under the same restrictions as regular missionaries so she can get on facebook. 

Also, We got elders in our ward!!! This is exciting because we split our area so we can visit more people and help our ward grow and get the members excited about missionary work. And our elders are pretty great and hard working so I think we will see great things happen. Also, they are our new district and we've gotten more missionaries in the zone so I'm excited to get to know everyone. 

This coming week is SO exciting because we are going to Tacloban for a meeting for ALL sisters and trainers and missionaries under 6 months, so I get to see everyone I know in the whole mission! I am so excited! MTC reunion. especially since they just changed the ways transfers work, instead of everyone going to the same place, there are 3 different transfer points so the likelihood of seeing each other is very slim. Also, we are moving into a new apartment! And it is 50x better. We will actually have running water everyday! And a shower! (though I honestly don't know if I'll use it, we'll see) and aircon! and it's just really nice. So that means Sister Somera and I will have lived in 3 different houses together in the same area. I'm pretty sure that never happens. And I'm pretty sure this is the last.

And, I almost forgot, I got my hair rebounded! AKA permanently straight. It's so crazy, I didn't even recognize myself! It's pretty nice, but I found out that you aren't supposed to put it up or do anything with it for at least 3 days, preferably ever or else it won't last long. As in, no buns, ponytails, braids, basically how I wore my hair for the past 3 months. It is so hot!!! We'll see how long that lasts, I survived the 3 days but probably not much longer. I still can't believe the difference, it is so smooth and straight! And can last up to 6 months! hala! I'm surprised I've never heard of it before! I'll send some pictures. 

And that's about it. We've had some good lessons this week, especially about the restoration and one of our investigators Liezel (17), shared her testimony about how the Book of Mormon has changed her life. Yesterday, Sister Cornillez said before we met her, she said she was a drug addict. We've been teaching her 2 months ish and we didn't know it, but looking back, there really has been a huge change. We are getting the youth involved in inviting her to church and hopefully she will be able to get baptized in a monthish. Last time we checked, her Nanay was against her getting baptized, not because she doesn't like us or the church, just because she believes in only getting baptized once. We've been praying, we'll see. And we taught Regina the Book of Mormon. She still hasn't come to church so we need help with that. She expressed that she has faith, it is just really hard for her to act. I really want to get her friend (the member who referred her) involved to help her make the necessary changes. 

And that's all! The weeks fly by SO fast, but I am really enjoying it all. Last night I was so tired, I just fell into bed backwards (with my pillow at my feet) and just didn't wake up until my alarm went off. It's tiring, but it's very rewarding. I'm grateful for the opportunity that I have to be here and I'm grateful for Sister Cornillez, I think we make an awesome team. Until next week! 

Love, Sister Pike
Last P-day adventure with Sister Somera- she deleted all of her pictures from her memory card. They were recovered, but we had to change the name, one by one. all 1230 of them. We were in the computer place for 2 extra hours! Good-bye P-day!
Oh and I'm wearing make up for the first time EVER here becuase Sister Somera wanted to see my hair straightened with make-up and contacts once before she left haha psych! But it was soooo weird! I hardly recognized myself!


We had zone lunch and the Elders bought us ice cream because we beat them in basketball! Yeah!


Our last night, we had a birthday party for the Ordonez twins and we treated them to cake and ice cream.


Our companionship shirt - aka the coolest shirt anyone has ever seen. We made it for like under $5 and I designed it. It's a comic strip of one of our adventures. And literally everyone (missionaries) that sees it is so jealous. haha I'm pretty proud of it. It's so awesome.

All the languages we use. An Anklat ni Mormon - tagalog (what the investigators read from), An Libro ni Mormon - Waray (what we speak) and then of course English! (what we read from during lessons!)

Getting my hair rebonded.

Rebonded hair!

Sister Somera and Sister Ariola yesterday - haha Missionary work is tiring.
I almost forgot to take a picture of my new hair and companion! So I just took these. It doesn't look very good right now because I'm really sweaty, but this is how it dries without my doing anything! It's kinda crazy!
Me and Sister Cornillez

No comments:

Post a Comment