Saturday, March 9, 2013

Week 6 - 3/9/2013

Hey, guess what!?!!

Last night they changed all of our travel plans and we are leaving Monday morning at 4am!!! Crazy! So today is now the day to prepare for everything and it's been a little crazy, but I am so excited nonetheless. Now our plans are from Salt Lake to San Fransico to Tokyo to Manila so get ready for a call pretty early that morning. I basically get to talk as long as we are in the airport so it will be a good amount of time. I still can't believe it! We've been appreciating all of life's pleasures like hot showers, flushing toliets, air conditioning while it lasts cause we know just around the corner we will be without it! But I'm excited for an adventure. Another Sister in our zone has a boyfriend serving in the Philippines so she had some pictures and it is absolutely goregous! I am going to miss the MTC so much though, I have such an awesome family here! I can't imagine how it could have been better. Funny story, some elders in my district have discovered that when they say, "Don't Smile", I try to hold it in for like a second then I crack and burst out laughing. Needless to say, my days have been full of laughter and happiness and I love it. Another funny story, An elder said he would pay another $20 if he could eat 10 biscuits and gravy at breakfast. For those unfamiliar, after about 3 you want to throw up. Elder Young made it to 9 and gave up unable to eat the LAST biscuit! It was pretty intense. 

This week has definitely not been normal, but it's been really great! On Tuesday we decided as a class to talk about the Plan of Salvation and prepare to teach it better then devotional that night was all about it! It was the greatest! It was given by Marcos Aidukaitis of the Quorum of the Seventy and something he said that was really awesome was "You don't want to surprised where you go after you die so make your decision now! Go home, write it in journal big and bold so know one will ever be able to doubt your intentions and make every single decision in your life with that in mind. Think, 'Will this get me to the Celestial Kingdom?' When we have a goal in mind from the very start, it is much easier to keep your eye on the prize and end up where you want to be." So great! Wednesday, we hosted for the new missionaries which were coming in. AKA we just showed them where their room and classroom is and explained some things which is always really fun. Thursday, we had the best TRC ever! We taught someone about getting more out of church and at the end he was SO thankful! He said, "Wow, I didn't even know I had that concern when I came in and I just felt I was able to trust you Sisters with that and that helped so much!" There was a time in a lesson when I said something really long (sa Cebuano) and when I finished, He said, "I think you are exactly right! That was the perfect answer to my question!" And I literally had just forgotten everything I said. Coincidence? I think not! I definitely felt like I was totally guided by the Spirit and it was the coolest thing ever. I can't wait until I am able to experience teaching people on a regular basis and able to have this experience more often! It definitely feels so good to feel like you really helped someone with a problem. 

I think that about covers it! I feel like my emails look really short, but I really can't think of anything else to say! I'm sure I will have MUCH more to report next week from the PHILIPPINES! I know this church is true. I'm so grateful for the oppurtunity I have to share something that has been so wonderful and comforting in my life to everyone I see. Even though it can be kinda scary to think I'll be going to a foreign country on the other side of the world where I know no one and just started learning the language a month and a half ago, I'm not really scared at all because I know I'm good hands. I know that everything will be okay. I know I will love it and it will change my life forever. Nahigugma ko ninyo! Start sending your letters so I can get them in 2 weeks! haha 

Gugma, 
Sister Pike










Oh and I totally forgot! On Thursday  we had Tamale night! Sister Schaap's sister volunteered at TRC so she showed up at our room with legit tamales! It was pretty awesome. 


No comments:

Post a Comment