Monday, July 15, 2013

Week 24 - 7/15/2013

So good to hear from you, This week was packed. I can't believe it went by so fast and at the same time I'm amazed how much we fit it. Number 1- Jenny "Inday" got baptized!!! Yay! It went pretty well, but it was a lot of work, that's for sure. I had no idea! And many things kept falling through, but it all worked out! And I am so happy for her, she is so great.

We also had mission tour with Elder Teh, we don't tour the mission, he just tours our mission and meets with the 3 areas because he is in the area presidency. He also said, "Your stake president says hi!" So that was cool. Monday, we stayed in Calbayog with Sister Schaap, Bingham, Nelson and Robinson and it was SO fun! When we got there, they weren't expecting us yet so they had an FHE planned (my two companions from the MTC) so we joined them and it was so great! So cool how far we've come- from teaching cebuano in the MTC to fake investigators to having an awesome FHE with a few of their investigators in the Philippines in waray-waray. Wow! and then all 6 of us slept on the kitchen floor- 4 on two mattresses, 1 on a piece of cardboard and 1 under the table. I got a picture and it is priceless. The next day, lots of van rides and meetings and just hanging with our zone, they're so great. 

Sunday- Sister Ariola left to go home! And Sister Pedong received her patriarchal blessing! And our bishop wasn't released! Apparently he wants to be released, but the Stake President said he still had some work to do so we're actually having ward council next week! (which has never happened) and planning activities to help missionary work move along! Exciting times. And Transfer announcements come on wednesday. I'm pretty sure I'll be staying here and training a new american but transfers are so unpredictable that anything could happen! But I know for a fact I'm training( which never happens) because Sister Pedong was talking to President Andaya about serving another short term and he told her,"Well, it would be with a different companion because your companion is training" Wow. So ready or not, here it comes! But I feel pretty ready, I've seen it coming for months so I've tried my best to be prepared, not to mention this past transfer training 2 branch missionaries with opposite personalities. I'm going to Tacloban this week to get my anak! (child/trainee)

Funny story- I don't know if I mentioned this before, but there is an airport strip between Catarman and where the church is. The gate was always open but a month or two ago they closed it but they left a small gate open where just people could climb through. Well this week, they closed that gate too (5am-2pm)! So we were getting a small keyboard to the church for the baptism and the gate was closed and the way around is super long and kinda expensive so they showed us a different way... through a barbedwire fence and under this whole in the wall- it was crazy! With a piano. Adventure for sure. That's how our investigator got to church on sunday with her small child... It's more fun in the philippines! 

Also- today we went on an awesome hike through the jungle- so intense! One part, it was raining and super slick and we basically climbed like legit rock climbing up a mountain. After like an hour in, we saw some guys climbing coconut trees and cutting them down. We jokingly said, they should get some for us too! Someone asked, and they actually did! It was so delicious! The coconuts here are so different, green and the juice looks like water with a soft white meat inside. At the end of our hike, we walked to the beach, cooked lunch and just had so much fun! Pretty sure I got sunburned, but it was so great! We built a sandcastle of the Salt Lake temple, pretty legit! Just an awesome day.

I'm really excited for transfers, but kinda sad at the same time because I love the missionaries in our stake! And something is changing for sure. But I always love the new missionaries, so I'm sure it will be great. Much to report on next week! I love you all! Thanks for all your support!

From our hike today! It's kinda hard to tell how steep it was here, but it was sooo steep!
Catarman and Calbayog Zones!

With Sister Nelson and Pedong - we give those I am a child of God mats to all the converts! Cool, huh?

Sand castle - or should I say, Temple?

Sister Robinson, my sister in the mission! (because we have the same Nanay)



Si Jane a recent convert we were walking home with. In the background - Inglesia ni Cristo - a HUGE church right across from our building. And you can see the traffic in the background


Our way to church! It was crazy! luckily we don't need to every sunday!



Jenny's Baptism!

My companion and I!





Our sleeping arrangements - yes I slept between Sister Pedong and Nelson on the mattress. Yes, it looks like there was no room.. haha

Fitting 3 in a motorcycle

No comments:

Post a Comment