Monday, August 5, 2013

Week 27 - 8/5/2013



I have a wonderful haiku written just for you to describe this week. Mostly for dad.

Sister Pike is sick.
sick sick sick sick sick sick sick
Sister Pike is sick. 

And that about sums it up! haha When I am sick, I usually try not to focus on that and just tell you about the work that we did do but I have literally slept every single day this week! It's not even bad, I'm just sleepy and tired constantly and that is my only symptom, but hopefully we'll figure it out this week and fix it! 

But no matter how sick I am, It never ceases to amaze me how blessed I am and how much I can learn from the few hours I am awake each day. I would like to share my experience with priesthood blessings. Wednesday I woke up REALLY tired. So I just tried to take a short nap to sleep it off but before you knew it, I was in bed all day. I thought it was just tired from working hard because missionary work is just hard work so I just thought sleep and vitamins and I would be back to work in no time. I briefly thought about getting a blessing but I thought, "it's no big deal! I'll be fine tomorrow!" The next morning when I felt the same- the idea came into my mind again multiple times so I arranged for my district leader to come over and give me a blessing. I thought since the thought prompting was so clear that maybe there was just something I needed to hear in the blessing before I got welltomorrow. The blessing was pretty standard, but I wrote it down nonetheless trying to figure out what I was supposed to get from this whole experience. Everyone thought FOR SURE I'd be back by Friday but when 2 days turned into 6... everyday those words of that blessing mean more and more to me especially the promise that I will be able to work with all my heart, might, mind and strength at some point... haha 

And I have lots of really awesome people caring for me- my companion, my nanay(sis. Somera), Sis. Cabrera, my district leaders, zone leaders, Pres. and Sis. Andaya... Every morning they text, kumusta(how is) si sister Pike? the same... so I just sleep. And I really wish I could say more! But that's been my week... Sis. Doud is a trooper and has used this time to finish Jesus the Christ. for those not familiar, this is an incredible feat! ngan we always stay laughing and inventing smoothies... new smoothie of the week- mango float smoothie! mango, ice, sweeten condensed milk and graham crackers... highly recommended except for the fact that there are no good mangos there... for shame! we go through about 6 kilos of mangos every week. so good. 

I love you all, thanks for the emails and hopefully I'll be able to get back to my purpose in life as missionary one of these days... until then don't worry about me, it's all in God's hands and a part of his plan. Who am I to question? 

Sister Pike

No comments:

Post a Comment